I am looking for a new caseworker/comms officer! Some experience &/or knowledge of casework issues & social media is required, but most important is enthusiasm for #Newcastle/ #NorthEast & being part of a small highly motivated team serving constituents!!
Full details: http://www.w4mpjobs.org/JobDetails.aspx?jobid=84881
Closing Date: 17 July 2022
Salary: £21,529 – £25,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Chi Onwurah MP has a vacancy for a caseworker/comms officer. The role combines working in the constituency to support the senior caseworker and providing communications support.
• Well-organised with excellent IT and communication skills and attention to detail.
• Experience in, and enthusiasm for, working in a small team
• Ability to use social media effctively
• Sympathy with the aims of the objectives of the Labour party
• Passionate about Newcastle/North East
• Ability to write complex letters and to act with discretion
• Knowledge of welfare benefits and public services including Universal Credit and experience of managing casework
• Experience of working in similar roles for an MP
• Good understanding of the political environment and a knowledge of issues in the constituency
• Experience of using social media effectively and analysing social media output & experience working with the press
• Experience of managing confidential/sensitive information
• Deal with queries by phone/in person, taking appropriate action to resolve, gathering information or evidence; then document or escalate concerns or enquiries
• Manage own caseload and progress of casework, prioritising, logging and updating any actions taken and following up any outstanding queries; with urgent cases reported to the Member.
• Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework, adhering to the Data Protection Act principle
• Assist other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
• Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office, design/video software
• Attending surgeries and meetings as appropriate.
• Monitor and maintain a social media presence, promoting the Member’s work and publicising events.
• Leading on local media relations, monitoring local media and preparing press releases
• Produce regular reports, print and online material
• Maintain website ensuring it is up to date
Chi values inclusivity and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 July 2022
Closing time for applications: 23:59
Interviews: 25th/26th July
Start date: 1st Sept 2022
To apply, please provide a CV, a covering letter (one side A4) and a report (max 2 sides A4) which presents either a complex situation you have dealt with or an outline social media strategy.
Send application via email with the subject line “Caseworker/comms application – YOURNAME” to email@example.com
Contact 0191 233 5838