Chi Onwurah MP for Newcastle Central is looking to appoint a new full time remote caseworker on a fixed term contract until March 31st. Details below:
Closing Date: 15 January 2021
Job Title: Caseworker (Full Time) Fixed Term to 31 March 2021
Working For: Chi Onwurah MP
Salary: £21,529- 24,000
Chi Onwurah MP (Newcastle Central) has a vacancy for a caseworker/admin officer. The most important factor is a willingness to learn and work together with the senior caseworker. Training will be provided.
(This post is currently until March 31st 2021, potential for extension dependant on IPSA funding)
The successful candidate will be well-organised with excellent IT and communication skills and attention to detail. Ideally s/he will have some knowledge of welfare benefits and public services including Universal Credit and experience of managing casework, confidential and sensitive information; and of drafting complex letters.
Experience of a similar role and CaseworkerMP would be beneficial. A good understanding of the political environment is advantageous, and a knowledge of local issues in the constituency is desirable. The successful candidate will demonstrate their enthusiasm to play a key role in a small team supporting Chi in her constituency work.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a range of financial, health, housing and other issues variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters.
- Deal with queries by phone/in person, taking appropriate action to resolve, by gathering information or evidence; then document or escalate their concerns or enquiries in order to progress or close the case.
- Manage own caseload and progress of casework, prioritising, logging and updating any actions taken and following up any outstanding queries; with urgent cases reported to the Member.
- Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports.
- Ensure records are kept adhering to the Data Protection Act principles Undertake general administrative tasks.
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Of ce package, email and internet to support the above.
- Attending surgeries and meetings as appropriate.
Chi values inclusivity and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Closing Date: 15 January 2021
Closing time for applications 5pm.
Interviews scheduled via zoom Monday 18th January 2021
Start date Monday 25th January 2021
Please send an email with the subject line “Caseworker application – YOURNAME” to Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org Please attach a CV, a covering letter and a report (max 2 sides A4) which presents a complex situation you have dealt with.
Contact: 0191 233 5838