Chi is holding a RealTalk event for young women in Newcastle Central on International Women’s Day Friday 8th March in City Library at 3pm
Chi Onwurah MP for Newcastle Central will welcome young women from across her constituency to a special RealTalk on International Women’s Day Friday 8th March at 3pm in Newcastle Central Library.
“ I am keen to enable young women living in Newcastle Central to speak up about the issues that matter to them.
“ I am asking women aged 16 to 30 years to come along to share their views and experiences.
Ms Onwurah anticipates that issues to be discussed will include:
- How we can improve workplaces for women?
- How can we improve young people’s pay?
- How can we improve education for young women?
- How can we prepare for the future of work
Chi will then seek to take forward the issues raised to ensure the challenges facing young women are not ignored.
Notes for Editors
- Young women are welcome to bring along their children
- Young women wishing to attend should email@example.com to confirm attendance or share their views
- The event is being held in conjunction with Young Women’s Trust which supports and represents women aged 16-30 struggling to live on low or no pay in England and Wales and who are at risk of being trapped in poverty: https://www.youngwomenstrust.org/