Chi Onwurah, MP for Newcastle upon Tyne Central and Shadow Minister for Innovation and Science, is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the team for 10 weeks as a paid intern in her busy Westminster office.
Applicants will need strong research and communication skills and will have a keen interest in Newcastle, local and national politics and a strong interest in science, technology and innovation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Parliamentary Researcher.
- Implementing knowledge management system.
- Carrying out research into policy issues.
- Working on local policy campaigns, in particular Chi’s Newcastle Housing campaign.
- Monitoring local and national issues.
- Supporting general office administration duties.
- A good knowledge of the political issues important to Newcastle
- A good understanding of science and innovation policy.
- IT skills are vital; specifically excellent understanding of Microsoft Office, email and internet research resources.
- A good understanding of current political issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Labour Party policy.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See www.w4mp.org/html/msvo/main.asp for further info.